STEP1:To New International Students

STEP1:Procedures for International Students who is Waiting for Coming to Japan

We are delighted to share the information based on the New Border measures (27), from 0:00 am (JST) on March 1, 2022.
We would like to ask your kind attention on this issue, therefore carefully read procedure below and flow the steps.
※If you have not yet received your Certificate of Eligibility, please begin the following procedures after receiving it.

  1. Visit related website and understand regarding New Border measures (27).
    (1) Japanese COVID-19 border measures change on March 1, 2022.
    Quarantine Station, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Japanese Government
    (2)Pledged Items
    (3)Okayama University prevention measures after entering Japan

  2. The following documents (1) to (4) must be submitted to your Supervisor (Professor who will accept you in OU) by email.
    (1) PLEDGE (OU): After filing in, submit as a word file
    (2) Your information: After filling in, submit as an Excel file
    (3) A Copy of your passport ID page: Submit as a PDF file.
    (4) A Copy of Certificate of Eligibility: Submit as a PDF file.
    ※When submitting, please append your name (in alphabet) to the beginning of each file name.

  3. The Okayama University will send you the ERFS acceptance certificate (Certificate for Completion of Registration to the ERFS system) and the Declaration form for your CoE (only for those whose Certificate of Eligibility has expired) by email. (approximately one to two weeks after you have submitted your pledge your Supervisor)
  4. Apply for a VISA at the Japanese Embassy or Consulate-General in your country or region where you will be staying. We will recommend you to make an appointment for visiting beforehand. (Visas are issued within 1-5 working days of application.)

Information on further procedures will be sent to you together with the ERFS acceptance certificate from . Please DO NOT purchase airline tickets or obtain PCR inspection certificates before entering the country until then.)