Our Suport for International Students

Procedures for Applying for a Certificate of Eligibility for Status of Residence

After the acceptance decision is made at Faculty/Graduate School, International Student Division will contact the international student directly and provide the application for the “Certificate of Eligibility for Status Residence” required to obtain a student visa.

Providing Information on International Students’ visits to Japan to supervisors

International Student Division will notify the Supervisor of the information regarding the date of the International student’s visit to Japan (Date of arrival in Japan, flight information, etc.).

Provision of Information to New International Students

A guidebook entitled “Preparation Guide for New International Students” is on our website and notify International Students containing information on how to obtain a student visa, access from major airports in Japan to Okayama (airports and stations), access from Okayama to residential accommodation, precautions for items brought into Japan, and various immigration and residence procedures required for a visit to Japan.

Moving into Dormitories for International Students

Students can move in from the following period.
April 1 or September 24

*The available time varies depending on each dormitory and year. Please contact International Student Division for details. International Students are informed separately from International Student Division.

Supporting Various Procedures for New International Students

To support the life of new International Students after their arrival in Japan, the following procedures are being supported.

* There is a possibility of change.

Support Period
For New International Students in April From April 1 for approximately 2 weeks (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays)
For New International Students in October From September 24 for about 2 weeks (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays)
  1. Notification of the place of residence
  2. Procedures for joining the National Health Insurance System
  3. Opening of bank accounts (in principle, only for students without tutors)


  • Procedures for status of residence for International Students
  • Recruitment of residents of the dormitories for International Students
  • Scholarships for International Students
  • Administrative procedures for acceptance of Japanese government scholarship (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) students and foreign government students