There are a variety of scholarships to provide financial support for international students. Applicant eligibility and the number recruited vary according to the scholarship. Recruitment information is posted on bulletin boards at the International Affairs Department as well as this website.
Applicant Eligibility (excluding Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) scholarships)
Applicants should meet all of the conditions below.
- Applicant’s GPA of the previous academic year should meet the required grade point average:
undergraduates: 2.3 and above
graduate students: 2.3 and above
- Applicants should not have repeated a year due to poor academic performance.
- The average monthly remittance to the applicant must be 90,000 yen or less. (Admission fees, tuition fees, etc. are not included)
- Annual income of the financial supporter should less than ¥5,000,000.
- Applicant is not a recipient of Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) scholarship or Interexchange Association Japan (IAJ), nor a sponsored student of foreign government.
- Applicant who needs the financial support to study
- Applicant who has never been disciplined by Okayama University
- Applicants should meet any other requirements specified by the sponsor.
Follow the application procedures for each scholarship. Applicants at Tsushima campus or Shikata campus should submit the required documentation to the International Affairs Department of their campus. Applicants at other campuses should submit the required documents to the Academic Affairs office of that campus. Download the application form at this website and submit the necessary documents by the due date.
If the application method is “apply directly”, please don’t submit the required documentation to the university, but apply by yourself.
Late applications cannot be accepted for any reason.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
Scholarship candidates applying through the university are selected based on “the Scholarship Guidelines for Privately Funded International Students.
Scholarship candidates are selected based on:
- Academic performance
- Grade year
- Personal factors (have they received any disciplinary action, have they violated immigration control laws, have they violated any other rules)
- Whether Scholarship candidates or candidates’ spouse have received any scholarship in the present year and previous year or not.
- Those who are waiting for the result for the scholarship cannot apply for any other scholarship.
Refer to the scholarship list and choose one. (However, if concurrent scholarship payments are allowed under both/all the scholarships’ regulations, you can apply.)
- Please understand any willful false statement is sufficient cause for cancellation and return of the scholarship.
- If you are selected as a recipient of a scholarship for which you have applied directly to the sponsor, please report this to the International Affairs Department.
Signing for a scholarship
When signing for a scholarship, please refer to the following information:
|Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship (Gakushu-Shoureihi)|
|JASSO Scholarship, Other Private Scholarship|
The payday mentioned above is for those who have signed during the specified period. Your scholarship will be not paid unless you have signed. If you cannot sign during the specified period, the payment of the scholarship will be delayed. If you have a reason for delay, please inform to International Affairs Department in advance.